Monday, September 20, 2010

I think we're gonna need a bigger box

My last post was about some of my favorite things, which ended up mostly about beverages. Not a problem. Being Monday, the least favored day of the week in my opinion, I started thinking about my not-so favorite things. And what do we have here, but a little list:

NOT FAVORITE

Blue Box Mac & Cheese - I'm on to you mass-market producers of probably one of the greatest foods in the world. The last time I cooked Mac and Cheese, I found there to be remarkably less pasta produced then, let's say, when I was six and my mom could use a box to provide an ample side for a family of four with leftovers. I would be hesitant to cry out "Saboteur," but anyone remember Cadbury Egg-gate in 2007? B.J. Novak from "The Office" appeared on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" with an Cadbury Egg from a few years ago and a present-day Cadbury Egg, proving that Cadbury had made the egg smaller in later years. For shame.

Rachel Ray: First off I love food shows, and I've been known to use some Rachel Ray recipes when hungry. But Miss Ray, please stop with the baby talk. You're a grown woman without kids. Quit saying things on TV like "Makin' a sammy" when you make a sandwich. Sure it was cute when Oprah invited you on her show to cook and she'd laugh at the Rachel Ray-isms like "EVOO" and "Yum-Oh," but just because Oprah laughed years ago doesn't mean that every sentence you now use has to peppered with Ray-isms. Pretty soon we're all going to need a Rachel Ray conversion chart just to decipher what the hell you are making - and you don't even use metrics!

Pop Tarts - I've talked about this in earlier blog posts. If one Pop-Tart is one serving, then don't package two servings in one package! That's just ridiculous.

Alright, well that's a list of some on my not-so favorite things. Hope you enjoy hating these as much as I do.

1 comment:

Person A said...

I hate Rachael Ray. And pretty much every cook with a tv show except Julia Child and Jacques Pepin.